Monday, July 26, 2010

day 7 - barely

Well, day 7 was a little tough.  I didn't want to get up so I dozed off after I shut the alarm off.  I woke up 20 minutes later determined to workout.  Only when I got out of bed and dressed, I was so tired.  I grabbed a glass of water and set out to complete day 7.  Only because I knew it would be disappointing to me to have to write this and say I didn't workout.  

To be honest, I only completed 13 of 17 exercises.  I skipped jump lunges, because I just didn't have the energy to do those.  They really are physically draining.  I also skipped the running activity that included high knees ( similar to marching) and the kick ups that I mentioned the other day.  Yuck!  I burned about 81 calories in 16 minutes.  I barely broke a sweat but that's because I didn't really get my cardio workout in, since the exercises that I skipped were the cardio ones.  Oh well.  I did it though.

I might not be burning tons of calories in my workout but I am toning and shaping my muscles and muscle burns more calories than fat, so as I build my muscle I'll burn more calories.  My goal with this 30-day challenge is to get in the habit of working out each day.

This past weekend our family was at our church family camp.  It was such a great time with friends and the kids had a blast!  I realized that with all the walking up and down hills and stairs and just all over was really a workout in disguise so that was nice.  The food is so good though, I don't know if I actually lost any weight.  I pretty much stayed the same.  I will have a post about our time at family camp later.

Have happy day!

No comments: