Today in Sunday school, the once around question was "if you could know the outcome of one thing in your life, what would it be and why?" And with knowing this outcome we can do nothing to change it if it's something we don't like. I was going to say I'd like to know what my children would be like when they are grown up, but that was taken by several people so I thought I'd be different. I went a more serious route. My answer was that I'd like to know how long I have left with my husband, and hopefully the answer would be many many years. He is having bad bad headaches again, and that is really scary. Anytime he has a headache is scary worrisome, but he's had this headache for about 3 weeks now. It's painful, and it's constant. The pain goes down his spine. I know that back in February, he fell on his back after he slipped on some ice at the bottom of our driveway. That afternoon, he got a headache and his back hurt. I don't know if this headache is from when he fell, or if it's something else. I suffer from migraines and I get them a lot! The pain is terrible, I can't imagine suffering for 3 weeks with constant pain like that. I need to keep presenting this to God, because if I don't I'll be eaten up with worry. Going back to my question...Do I really want to what lies ahead for us? In a way no, because what if it's an answer that I won't like? I can do nothing to change it. But mostly I think I would want to know so I could change how I look at the outcome, or how I treat my husband, or the amount of time I spend with him. He is about to finish up his apprenticeship training. he has 9 days of school left. He graduates April 29th! I want him to see the Dr. this week and so does he, but what if it's something serious and he has to drop out again? He's so close to finishing school for good. I know God is in control and that He has the outcome in His hands. I know that I need to rest in that. Why is it easier said than done? I'd keep writing, because I feel like there is so much I want to get out, but I hear the 1 year old up from his nap, and I need to get ready to go pick up our oldest son from his baseball evaluation.
* edit on 4/3/09
My husband still has headaches, but the CT scan came back clear. Praise God for that! We are still trying to figure out different treatment options since the headaches are still there. They aren't migraines and the imitrex the Dr. prescribed isn't helping. Maybe he will need to see a chiropractor. I don't know. I know there are chiropractors out there that don't crack the bones or anything. I don't really know the difference, but I know there is one! God is good, even in the unknown.
No comments:
Post a Comment